problem after editing /boot/defaults/loader.conf

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Thu Apr 5 17:49:38 UTC 2007

On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 02:44:24PM -0300, freenity wrote:
> Hi
> I have a problem after editing /boot/defaults/loader.conf, I wanted to
> enable a boot splash picture. So when I rebooted, I coudnt boot :s After
> selecting the booting type (normal boot or something) It showe loading
> kernel text = 0x..... mem=0x..... and then it freezed. I can reboot it
> pressing ctrl + alt + supr.
>
> Is there any way to fix it? Thanks.

Well for starters you are not supposed to edit /boot/defaults, that is
for default settings, not customized ones :) Override in
/boot/loader.conf according to the directions in splash(4).

I guess you might need to better follow the other directions there
too, so if the problem persists then get back to us.

Kris