New to FreeBSD

Ivan Zenzerović zenzof1 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 23:17:31 UTC 2007

On 4/5/07, Drew Tomlinson <drew at mykitchentable.net> wrote:

> On 4/4/2007 3:51 PM Ivan Zenzerović wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just put instead of sk0 nve0 (wich is my ethernet card). But, on boot
> > see that it searches for ALTQ and I saw that it can be turned on only by
> > configuring the kernel. Is there maybe any other way?
> >
> > Ivan
>
> FYI - Top posting is frowned upon here.
>
> To answer your question, no.  AFAIK, the only way to enable ALTQ is to
> compile it into your kernel.  The FreeBSD Handbook will have instructions.
>
> HTH,
>
> Drew
>
> --
> Be a Great Magician!
> Visit The Alchemist's Warehouse
>
> http://www.alchemistswarehouse.com

Hi, well, i hope the firewall (pf) still works. I must say that freebsd is
just great, a minute ago i messed up something in rc.conf and i just put the
inst cd in rebooted and fixed the error from the shell! That's something
what you can't do on win, just great, makes someone proud of himself:)

Ivan