Abit KN9 + FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE

Glenn Sieb ges+lists at wingfoot.org
Tue Apr 3 06:30:42 UTC 2007

Hey everyone..

I bought an Abit KN9, with a 200MB Maxtor IDE drive on the main IDE0
channel. I also have RAID set up on the SATA devices.

I'm trying to install 6.2-RELEASE on the system, and it installs, I
created the partitions and sliced them appropriately (/, swap, /tmp,
/var, /usr). If I go into the EHS, I see /boot/kernel/kernel exists.
When I reboot after the install, I get an error saying
0:ad(0,a)/boot/kernel/kernel does not exist.

The system sees the drive as ad0, the slice as ad0s1.

I've installed this with the boot manager on ad0, as well as no boot
manager. Same results.

What on Earth am I doing wrong here? :-/

Thanks in advance!
Best,
--Glenn