pdf editor

Murray Taylor MTaylor at bytecraft.com.au
Wed Sep 27 17:01:51 PDT 2006

Use the minimalist elements of latex as a 'document markup',
and write in wordpad on the windows box as that seems to understand
newlines,
explain to them the concept of 'getting the content right first' _and
then_
doing the fussy layout. And put all the images, and plots into jpegs
'for discussion' during the writing process, with appropriate document
markers.

Just gotta come up with a way to do the maths in a common format (again
teach
'em latex, by showing them the difference if the finished product a few
times
for some complex equation/theorem/lemma etc)

lotsa luck!

BTW I have had these 'discussion' before and another argument is disk
space
I had a writer generate over 15Gb of documents in all the initial.
'required to be held' intermediate formats and finals forms.
along with the humungous hi res screen grabs....

My versions fitted on a DVD. A Makefile, the latex source, and realistic
jpegs.

cheers
mjt
The information transmitted in this e-mail is for the exclusive
use of the intended addressee and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission,
dissemination or other use of it, or the taking of any action
in reliance upon this information by persons and/or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
received this in error, please inform the sender and/or
addressee immediately and delete the material.

E-mails may not be secure, may contain computer viruses and
may be corrupted in transmission. Please carefully check this
e-mail (and any attachment) accordingly. No warranties are
given and no liability is accepted for any loss or damage
caused by such matters.