ndis + Linksys WPC54Gv3

Jim Stapleton stapleton.41 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 14:55:43 PDT 2006

I have just picked up this card for my notebook. On this site:
http://taosecurity.blogspot.com/2006/02/linksys-wpc54g-with-freebsd-yesterday.html
it is reported to work. I have inserted the card, the status light on
it blinks green then goes off. I ran ndis and generated the driver as
specified, kldloaded the wlan_wep module, followed by ndis, followed
by the card driver. After that I checked dmesg - the card did not
appear (nothing with ndis or the card driver name). No errors came
from kldload, and there was no ndis entry in /dev or /dev/net

What's the next step in diagnostics? I'm runing FreeBSD 6.1 on i386