PAY offered - sshd won't allow client from same domain

ke han ke.han at redstarling.com
Sat Sep 16 01:47:03 PDT 2006

I will PAY someone who can either answer this question or who wants
to log into my server and help me figure it out.  I can pay an hourly
rate, make a donation to your favorite project...whatever.  This
problem is killing my productivity!!!!

I have a FreeBSD 6.1-p6 server running as server1.domain.com.
sshd is allowing connections from any client except those which share
the domain.com  name..I can't be certain this is the problem, but
after a month of debugging, its the only common factor I can find.
My ssh client on server2.domain.com (also FreeBSD 6.1) returns with
"Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer" as output to my
ssh client.  On OS X the error message is "Write failed: Broken pipe".
...So mac.domain.com and server2.domain.com which are on different
networks from server1 (and from each other) are not allowed...I don't
get any useful error messages.  Even setting sshd_config LogLevel to
DEBUG3 doesn't provide anything meaningful (to me)  in auth.log or
debug.log
for server2.domain.com, I even have its ip as an A record in DNS and
server1 can see this.  mac.domain.com is not so lucky as it sits
behind a DHCP NAT'ed structure.  But this should hardly be a
problem...PuTTY on Windows XP with no domain setting and behind a
NAT'd DHCP structure CAN connect...

Please allow me to offer some incentive this time around as this is
my third post on this problem to this maillist.  I have not received
a single reply.

Please get in touch.
thanks ke han