cups 1.2.2 and parallel port printers

Henry Lenzi henry.lenzi at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 11:33:36 PDT 2006

> My problem is that when you add a printer via the web interface the
> devices pull-down does not show a parallel port even if the system has
> detected that there is a printer there.  (ie dmesg shows the printer
> discovery)
>
> so where is the parallel port?

Hi --

 What I think you want to know is the "Device URI".
 If your printer is in lpt0, that would be:

 parallel://dev/lpt0

 *However*, there's a bug report worth reading (I fixed this on my 6.0
- this is fixed in 6.1). Bug num. 99745

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports-bugs/2006-July/094331.html

 If you used 6.0, follow the instructions and your printer will be detected.
 I still remains with some other problems regarding CUPS...regarding
ffomatic-rip.

 Hope this helped.

 Cheers,

  Henry