"make config" display problem while installing samba3

rance at frontiernet.net rance at frontiernet.net
Thu Sep 7 17:12:42 PDT 2006

I've finally gotten around to adding samba3 to my home router box

I cd'd into /usr/ports/net/samba3 and issued a make install clean and
figured that would
be the end of it.

the options selection screen that comes up when you "make config" or
try to install the
port for the first time is broken for me.

when the options configuration screen comes up the left hand column
(where the option
selection actually takes place) is not visible.

the right hand column where the option descriptions is visible.

moving down the list with the down arrow key I see each option visible
one option at a
time, and one line down from its description. when I arrow down the
list to the next
entry the entry above disappears.

after arrowing all the way down the list, I arrowed back UP the list,
and this time all
options values stayed visible, and I could see the whole list, but I
could not select (or
deselect) any option. They were still one line down from the description.

I tried to pkg_add samba3 but that wont work because ive already
upgraded some of the
packages samba depends on, so the pkg_add failed.

I tried this on the ports tree of TWO different freebsd boxes.

the ports tree version I'm using is samba 3.0.23c,1

Could someone give me a hand?

Thanks