More questions on sr sync driver, packet filters, and altq

John lists at reiteration.net
Tue Oct 31 10:56:07 UTC 2006

On Sun, Oct 29, 2006 at 03:11:04AM -0000, John Levine wrote:
> I am putting together a FreeBSD router to replace a tired old BSD/OS
> one.  My external line is a T1, so I got a Wanic 400 on ebay. I have a
> /24 that is about half full so I don't do NAT and don't expect to need
> to do so.

[snip packet filtering stuff]

I have found openbsd (http://www.openbsd.org) suits this purpose
admirably. It's small, secure by default, and does all the
filtering/bandwidth shaping you could ask for. I use the combo of
openbsd for routers and freebsd for servers/desktop OS.

just my 0.02..
--
John - lists @ reiteration . net