things-Mail: update

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Mon Oct 30 02:43:37 UTC 2006

On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 12:20:36AM +0100, Tore Lund wrote:
> Rem P Roberti wrote:
> > Boy, I'm glad somebody got embedded URL's to work.  I have been trying
> > for some time now, and still can't get them to work.  Firefox is named
> > in KDE, but still no joy.  I'm getting tired of cutting and pasting :)
>
> Have you tried setting "network.protocol-handler.app.http"
> in Thunderbird to "/usr/X11R6/bin/firefox"?
>
> Anyway, I don't run KDE, and maybe I don't pick up what is your problem.

	That's the great thing:: clicking on a Thunderbird URL
	just-works :-)  But it takes time; like 45 seconds.  I
	don't see any flags on indicator saying "URL connecting
	with Firefox", zip.  So I double/triple click.  My bad.

> But, once we're at it, I would like to mention my own problem.  I click
> a link in Thunderbird, and Firefox picks it up.  However, focus is not
> passed to Firefox - the Firefox entry on the taskbar just blinks without
> the corresponding window being raised.  Any solution, please?

	Same think happens under Gnome on my AMD 2800.  The broswer
	does *not* pop up over evolution.  There prob'ly is some hack
	you can make, but I barely know Gnome; I use CTWM and am much
	more used to a CLI

	gary

   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix