boot loader choices

Andy Harrison aharrison at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 01:29:00 UTC 2006

I was looking at the man pages and such for loader.conf, loader.4th,
and loader.rc, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to do what I
want.

I'd like to make a choice on my beastie.4th menu so that I can have
network choices for home and work.  For home, I'm wireless and dhcp
and I need to load a few modules in my loader.conf, change rc.conf,
and modify my hosts file a bit.  For work, I'm wired and static, don't
need anything in the loader.conf, I need different settings in
rc.conf, revert my hosts file, and replace my resolv.conf.

I'm running FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE-p10.

--
Andy