slimserver port

Vincent Zee zenzee at xs4all.nl
Sat Oct 28 15:29:10 UTC 2006

On Saturday, 28 October 2006 at 11:18:29 -0400, Steve Bertrand wrote:

> > > /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ holds the startup scripts for this
> > kind of server.
> > > Further you'll need slimserver_enable="YES" in your /etc/rc.conf
> >
> > I added slimserver_enable="YES" and mysql_enable="YES" (I
> > think it is needed by slimserver) to /etc/rc.conf and
> > rebooted and still it doesn't work. It is suppossed to run a
> > html server on localhost:9000 but it doesn't.
>
> Is there a startup script in /usr/local/etc/rc.d for slimserver? If so,
> is it set with executable bits?
>
> Try this:
>
> # /usr/local/etc/rc.d/nameofstartupscript start
>
> ...and see what results that produces.
>
> If that produces nothing, locate the slimserver executable directly and
> try to run it to produce some sort of output.
>
> Steve

Hi Steve,

yes there is a startup script and its executable bits are set.

When I run the script as you suggest it says:

zenzee at chuck:/usr/local/etc/rc.d% ./slimserver start
Starting slimserver.

But the server still doesn't run. When I run the program directly
./slimserver.pl --daemon

still nothing happens.

/\
Vincent