Ports collection issue

Jonathan Arnold jdarnold at buddydog.org
Fri Oct 27 13:46:12 UTC 2006

Lane wrote:
> On Friday 27 October 2006 07:16, Roger 'Rocky' Vetterberg wrote:
>> Lane wrote:
>>> Adrian,
>>>
>>> Use /usr/ports/net/cvsup-without-gui and create a cvsupfile.  You can
>>> then selectively install src-all, src-contrib, ports-all and any of the
>>> various ports sub-trees that you need (but stick with ports-all).
>>>
>>> cvsup will get the proper Makefiles and whatnot for you.
>>>
>>> Email me if you need help setting that up.
>>>
>>> lane
>> I would recommend using csup instead of cvsup.
>> It has fewer dependencies, is very lightweight and works very well
>> if you just want to occasionally checkout ports or src.
>> I believe that csup is also part of the basesystem in newer releases.
>>
>> --
>>
> OMG!
>
> I totally missed csup.  Thanks for the tip!

You might look into portsnap.  I find it much easier and faster to use than
c[v]sup:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/portsnap.html

--
Jonathan Arnold     (mailto:jdarnold at buddydog.org)
Daemon Dancing in the Dark, a FreeBSD weblog:

UNIX is user-friendly. It's just a bit picky about who its friends are.