Ports collection issue

Rik Davis rik_davis2004 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 27 00:07:56 UTC 2006

Guys,

  I'm a die hard freebsd user, but I am finding myself becomeing quite frustrated with why you completely pulled the 5.4 ports collection off of your ftp sites.

  When I try to use my /stand/sysinstall now and attempt to connect to you ftp server, I ge the error that it cannot locate the 5.4-RELEASE packages. Why would you remove a collection that is still in such high demand by those of us that have yet to upgrade our binaries to a later version?

  I depend on that being there, but this is not leaving a very pleasant taste in my mouth. Also, this is not the first time I have seen you do this. What am I supposed to do now that I no longer have access to those packages?

  Sincerely,

  Adrian Brooks