Dell 2950 Perc 5/i RAID Controller and FreeBSD 6.1 Question

Krempasky, Mark mkrempasky at epsiloninteractive.com
Thu Oct 26 21:54:36 UTC 2006

Hi,

We have a new Dell 2950 with 6 disks, we have verified that the bios and
raid controller firmware are up to date.

Our issue is: after creating 3, RAID 1 virtual disk groups and
initializing them we successfully install FreeBSD 6.1 on the first raid
group.
We then create a file system on the second raid group which seems to
wipe out the FreeBSD install on the first disk group.

It seems as though FreeBSD6.1 is not differentiating between the
different disk groups thus when you make changes to 1 group it will
write the changes to the other.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get FreeBSD6.1 to differentiate between
the different virtual disk groups on a Dell 2950?

Thanks
Mark.