Intel 965P (USB issues) and FreeBSD 6.2-PRE

Torbjoern Haarstad Orskaug torbjorn.orskaug at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 20:32:24 UTC 2006

Hi,

I recently bought a new computer with a Intel Core 2 Duo processor and
a MSI P965 Neo motherboard. When I boot FreeBSD with the USB
controller disabled from BIOS, everything runs smooth as ever.
However, when I enable the controller the kernel panics with:

<snip>
usb0: EHCI version 1.0
usb0: wrong number of companions (2 != 0)
usb0: <EHCI (generic) USB 2.0 controller> on ehci0
usb0: USB revision 2.0
uhub0: Intel EHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 2.00/1.00, adrr 1
uhub0: 4 ports with 4 removable
usb0: port reset timeout
uhub0: port 1 reset failed
panic: usbd_transfer: not done