a simple questions about sshd and PasswordAuthentication

Atom Powers atom.powers at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 02:54:11 UTC 2006

On 10/24/06, Jeff MacDonald <bignose at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there anything inherintaly dangerous or wrong about enabling
> PasswordAuthentication in sshd_config ?
>
> I understand how public keys are better and everything else. And I do
> use them. I'm just curious.

There are many arguments for and against, but /inherintaly/ they are
the same. You are comparing your secret to the secret stored on the
server. Keys just tend to be much longer secrets, and are also more
difficult to change.

Perfection is just a word I use occasionally with mustard.
--Atom Powers--