Slow boot from btx load to kernel.

Patrick Bowen pbowen at fastmail.fm
Tue Oct 24 21:06:16 UTC 2006

Second try...

I have a triple boot setup ( WinXP, FreeBSD, and Ubuntu Linux) on which
I upgraded the Ubuntu from 6.06 to 6.10.

Now, when I boot the FreeBSD slice, it will take tens of seconds to load
/boot/loader and the sound modules I use. It used to go by so fast I
couldn't even see what exactly was happening.

I tried using "fdisk -B -b /boot/boot0 /dev/ad0" and "boot0cfg -B
/dev/ad0", thinking that moving back to the FreeBSD booter might do it,
but to no avail.

Can anyone tell me what I might have hosed, and how I might regain the
previous booting speed?

Thanks,
Patrick