ACL: Default and other problems

Patrik Jansson fbsd at aleborg.se
Tue Oct 24 08:07:04 UTC 2006

>> Looks like noone is really using ACLs (and default ACLs) on fbsd.
>
> classic unix uid/gid is simplest and enough for MOST (or every - i
> think) cases. it just needs to be used right
Please imagine this. We're running a web server and want each user to be
able to
modify/delete files created (owned) by Apache user if the file is in
that particular
users home directory. Maybe this is possible with just uid/gid if every
new file
created within this directory has the users group and the permissions
664 or even
775, how would this be done (forcing new files group identity and
permissions).

Thanks,
-Patrik