Backing up SOHO server

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Mon Oct 23 02:47:01 UTC 2006

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 21:44:13 +0200 (CEST)
Wojciech Puchar <wojtek at tensor.3miasto.net> wrote:

> incremental dumps are most important to me, nothing else really works that
> way, while gtar is said to ;)

Other alternatives:
- use Bacula for a full fledged backup solution,
- taking the image of the drives containing the OS is definitely a good idea.
- rdiff-backup - it's actually REALLY good for incremental backups . I'm using
it with 6GB+ encrypted drives and the saving is quite good (though calculating
the binary difference takes a while). There's a web interface to manage it
remotely,etc. quite nice.

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"His mother should have thrown him away and kept the stork."
  Mae West

Warned.