IBM DB2 on FreeBSD 6.1

Matt Emmerton matt at gsicomp.on.ca
Sun Oct 22 23:00:13 UTC 2006

> Hi,
>
>I want to use FreeBSD on Server Production
>
>My goal is to use IBM DB2 database server (C-Express is give in tgz, with a
java installer ... so)

>Does any one can report a success on this product under freebsd ?
>
>It's as fast as on linux box ?

DB2 on Linux makes extensive use of Linux-isms which FreeBSD does not
reproduce, mostly due to kernel differences but also due to issues in the
linuxulator.  In the past, I've found differences with stat, memory
allocation and AIO features which cripple DB2 to the point of not starting
up or running properly.

If anyone wants work to resolve these issues, please contact me off-list.  I
have access to the information that we'd need to get this working.

--
Matt Emmerton