rm command problem

DAve dave.list at pixelhammer.com
Fri Oct 20 19:52:43 UTC 2006

Chuck Swiger wrote:
 > On Oct 20, 2006, at 9:21 AM, Efren Bravo wrote:
 >> Accidentally I've created a file called -exclude
 >> and now I cann't delete it.
 >
 > Try:
 >
 >   rm -- -exclude

See, just like I said. I got into trouble a long time ago by not reading
man pages, and discovered I could delete by inode. I've done it that way
from habit since.

*Had I read the man pages back then* I would have known about rm -- ;^)

I read all manner of man pages, README, CHANGES, and INSTALL docs now
before I do anything new. John Polstra from SeaBug gently chided me into
that habit until I caught on.

DAve

Veterans?