cyrus-sasl & sendmail compile error

Greg Groth ggroth at gregs-garage.com
Fri Oct 20 16:46:25 UTC 2006

Mike Spenard wrote:
 > Following this doc on sendmail-auth...
 > http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/smtp-auth.html
 >
 > I go to recompile sendmail after
 >
 > # cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail
 > # make cleandir
 > # make obj
 > # make
 > # make install
 >
 > and I get...
 > cc: /usr/obj/usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail/../../lib/libsmutil/libsmutil.a:
 > No such file or directory
 > cc: /usr/obj/usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail/../../lib/libsm/libsm.a: No such
 > file or directory
 > *** Error code 1
 >
 > Stop in /usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail.
 > /etc/make.conf is as the document specifies..
 > SENDMAIL_CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include/sasl1 -DSASL
 > SENDMAIL_LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib
 > SENDMAIL_LDADD=-lsasl
 > --
 >
 > Mike Spenard

rebuild world, and the needed pieces will be installed.

Nice step by step how-to here:
http://dfwlpiki.dfwlp.org/index.php/Installing_FreeBSD_6.1

There's faster ways around this, but if you haven't already run the
buildworld process, more than likely you have a version of sendmail that
needs to be patched anyway.  Running the buildworld process will fix
both issues.

Greg Groth