What's so compelling about FreeBSD?

Girish Venkatachalam girishvenkatachalam at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 19:53:34 PDT 2006

On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 03:02:26PM -0800, Peter A. Giessel wrote:
> I don't mean to be rude, but if hardware support is your only criteria,
> why not just run Windows?  If you don't care that its buggy or
> ineffective, and you don't want to check that it is supported before you
> buy it, you just want it to support everything, it would seem to me that
> Microsoft's OS is the obvious choice....

NP, you are not rude at all. :-)

I never said hardware support is the only criterion.

I want hardware to be supported using UNIX semantics...

I would love to port some important drivers to FreeBSD if that will help.

regards,
Girish
--
Duty for duty's sake without hope for reward or fear of punishment