What's so compelling about FreeBSD?

Raymond Pasco ray at cultofray.net
Tue Oct 17 10:57:42 PDT 2006

On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 09:19:27AM -0700, Garrett Cooper wrote:
> I'd like to see portage in FBSD though, since ruby is pretty kludgy.
You'd like to port a knockoff of ports to a system that has ports?
(also, not sure what you're referring to with your 'ruby' comment.)

In my experience, people develop on Linux and Linux distributions more,
just because it's the current `popular' system. FreeBSD is still (imo)
better, though, despite its smaller following.
--
Raymond Pasco <ray at cultofray.net>
Mobile: +1 860 335 5022 (SMS only please)