Teletronics wlan 200mW card supported under 5.x?

Gordon Pedersen gordon at visi.com
Mon Oct 16 21:23:39 UTC 2006

On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 03:34:55PM -0500, Nikolas Britton wrote:
> On 10/16/06, Gordon Pedersen <gordon at visi.com> wrote:
> >Has anyone got the Teletronics XI-325HP 200mW PRISM 2.5-based PCMCIA card
> >to work under freebsd 5.4, which I currently run?  or 6.x?
> >
> >Older reports say they had to flash firmware back to 1.5.6 on
> >the card to get it working under Freebsd 4.x.  Current firmware
> >as sold now appears to be 1.8.4 or higher.  Seems like a big
> >jump backwards to take.
> >

> Thats a rebranded zcom card, should have RP-MMCX antenna connector. It

Yes, has RP-MMCX exposed after you remove the internal antenna
piece, according to my info.

> depend what you want to do with the card?, IIRC secondary firmware

I want to use it in laptop as client, not as AP.  I like it due
to good sensitivity vs cost.

> ... Secondary firmware 1.7.4 and up supports WPA and

Would want WPA, wonder if 1.7.4 will work under freebsd 6.x?

> ... forget which firmwares
> supports 802.11d but I know 1.8.4 does. I think I have the secondary

So I wonder where 802.11d is needed?  For instance, anywhere in
Europe or Latin America or China?

Gordon Pedersen             gordon at visi.com