Installing Oracle Client 10g on FreeBSD

Martin Hudec corwin at aeternal.net
Mon Oct 16 15:51:21 UTC 2006

Hello,

Scott T. Hildreth wrote:
>           I didn't either, but I am going to try. :-)
>
>           Martin, how did you do this?

Well, as I've already had linux compatibility present in the system,
I've installed instantclient for linux and built DBD::Oracle.

Currently I have it uninstalled as it is no longer needed for me, but I
can try it and provide with instructions.

DBD::Oracle was being used by CMS system of my previous employer, and
that CMS was based on native perl stuff, not linux perl stuff.

Martin