libphp4.so not installed from /usr/ports/lang/php4 and mod_php4 is gone??!!

Lane lane at joeandlane.com
Sun Oct 15 16:16:24 PDT 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to install mod_php on an existing apache13 server.

The original config documentation requires that this entry be added to
httpd.conf:

LoadModule php4_module       libexec/apache/libphp4.so

libphp4.so was previously built by /usr/ports/www/mod_php4 (iirc) but that
port has apparently been merged into /usr/ports/lang/php4

So I compiled the port with -DAPACHE=yes and I got the pkg-message.mod message
telling me to add

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

to httpd.conf

However, libphp4.so was not created, nor was it installed.  Nor is there any
mention of libphp4.so in pkg-plist (or anywhere, as far as I can tell).

So ... now the question ....

How do I get mod_php working again? (with Apache13)

Thanks,

Lane