Non English Spam

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Sun Oct 15 12:49:24 PDT 2006

On Sunday October 15, 2006 at 03:21:37 (PM) Erik Norgaard wrote:

> Ian Smith wrote:

[...]

> Maybe I didn't make clear how the filtering in Postfix works? Each
> header line is unwrapped and then filtered independent of the others.
> There is no info as to if that is the first or last Received line.
>
> I can make a rule to reject the mail. And I can make a rule that accept
> a given header line, but the remaining header will still be filtered and
> possibly rejected.
>
> I can't make a header check for Received cause checks for content-type
> to be skipped.
>
> Nor can I make incoming mail from white listed servers skip the header
> checks. The two things are independent: The first applies when
> establishing the connection: HELO, MAIL FROM, RCPT TO etc. The header
> checks are invoked if the initial delivery request was accepted.
>
> Yes, that sucks, but that's how Postfix works.

Are you sure about that? I use Postfix myself and that does not appear
to be correct, although it might be. Have you ever posted this question
on the postfix forum? <postfix-users at postfix.org> There are some pretty
sharp individuals there who might be able to give you some advice.

[...]

--
Gerard

"An optimist thinks that this is the best possible world. A pessimist
fears that this is true."

     Anonymous