Non English Spam

pobox at verysmall.org pobox at verysmall.org
Fri Oct 13 18:28:03 PDT 2006

Beech Rintoul wrote:
> I'm getting a ton of spam every day  that comes from China, Japan and Korea.
> Spam Assassin completely ignores it because it has all non-english characters
> and slows kmail to a crawl loading. Is there a way to filter on non-english
> either using Spam Assassin or procmail?
>
> Suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Beech

May be it is not exactly an answer to your question, but we started to
use real time black lists with postfix and it works pretty well (though
some spam comes through). There have been no complains of false positive
so far (almost 6 months).

I noticed how well it works when we switched it off today for 2 hours
because of an error and the anti-virus programs started to jump.

And we get very seldom non-English spam.

I do not know if procmail has something similar.

Iv