Download what?

Rick Stout infield at comcast.net
Fri Oct 13 08:12:07 PDT 2006

I am new to FreeBSD and wish to install a version (6.1) within VMWare to learn the system. I have installed and used Ubuntu Linux using the Gnome desktop and have extensive experience with all of the Windows OS's. The problem I am having is trying to determine without too much trial and error which ISO(s) to download. I have downloaded both ISO disks (1 & 2) for an i386 platform. Are both disks necessary for installation (the 505mb and 574mb) ? Or are each disk the same version using a different desktop? Basically, what ISO(s) do I need to burn to disk for the initial installation?

Rick Stout
infield at comcast.net