VMWare

Bill Moran wmoran at collaborativefusion.com
Fri Oct 13 07:07:06 PDT 2006

> I'm looking to run VMware on my FreeBSD box and note that version 3 is in the ports.
>
> I've not tried running Linux software ontop of FreeBSD, but how easy is it to download the free VMware Server software off their site and install so I get the most recent version, and more importantly a free one.
>
> Is it just a case of downloading and installing the binary through the usual route or is it a bit more complex ?

What's wrong with your email?  I got a bunch of HTML at the end?

Anyway, VMWare is a special case.  It's got hooks deep into the Linux
network drivers that (as far as I know) are a showstopper that prevents
VMWare from running under the Linuxulator.

If you learn differently, I'd love to hear it, but it's not possible
as far as I know.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.