unattended restore in script

Chris Whitehouse chris at childeric.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Oct 10 13:52:20 PDT 2006

Hi all

I've got commands like this in a script which is supposed to do an
unattended clone of a hard disk

dump 0af - /usr |restore xf -

It does the dump and restore ok but then stops and prompts me with
something like

   DUMP: DUMP IS DONE
set owner/mode for '.'? [y/n]

Can I modify the command so it doesn't prompt? I couldn't see anything
in restore's man page except -x restores ownership and modes "where
possible". Is it not possible on my system for some reason?

I've also tried to include an 'echo y' in the command but without success.

Thanks very much, sorry for such a trivial question.

Chris

FreeBSD 6.2-PRERELEASE #1: Sat Sep 16 12:05:57 BST 2006     i386