Upgrading firmware on Areca RAID card?

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Mon Oct 9 14:58:40 PDT 2006

On Mon, 9 Oct 2006 08:35:25 -0500, in sentex.lists.freebsd.questions
you wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I would like to upgrade the firmware on my Areca ARC-1210 SATA RAID
>card. Has anyone out there done this, and if so, do you have any advice
>on doing it?
>
>Any tips, pointers, advice, or warnings would be greatly appreciated.

I have done a few through the web interface on FreeBSD and they worked
as expected.

both

arcmsr0: <ARECA ARC1110 PCI-X 4 PORTS SATA RAID CONTROLLER
and
arcmsr0: <ARECA ARC1210 PCI-EXPRESS 4 PORTS SATA RAID CONTROLLER

seemed to work fine

	---Mike