Using portconf and /usr/local/etc/ports.conf

backyard backyard1454-bsd at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 9 05:15:31 PDT 2006

--- James Long <list at museum.rain.com> wrote:

> I am trying to migrate my
> /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf into
> /usr/local/etc/ports.conf.  I'm not sure I have the
> ports.conf
> syntax correct, or that the entries I'm making are
> being
> recognized.
>
> I've installed the sysutils/portconf port
> successfully, and
> my make.conf is:
>
> monitor : /root# cat /etc/make.conf
> CPUTYPE?=p3
>
> NO_PROFILE= true
> USA_RESIDENT=YES
>
> # 2005-12-19 to build sendmail without IPv6
> NO_INET6=YES
>
> # added by use.perl 2006-01-05 14:23:56
> PERL_VER=5.8.7
> PERL_VERSION=5.8.7
> # Begin portconf settings
> # Do not touch these lines
> .if !empty(.CURDIR:M/usr/ports*) &&
> exists(/usr/local/libexec/portconf)
> _PORTCONF!=/usr/local/libexec/portconf
> .for i in ${_PORTCONF:S/|/ /g}
> ${i:S/%/ /g}
> .endfor
> .endif
> # End portconf settings
>

> I have this line in /usr/local/etc/ports.conf for
> ruby18:
>
> lang/ruby18: WITHOUT_RDOC=1 | WITHOUT_IPV6=1

if ruby uses ncurses, that blue menu thing, you have
to add BATCH=Yes as a build option to skip the menu
and build it with the options you have selected.

> I then get the build options dialogue box for ruby
> 1.8.5_1,1 with the
> tick boxes for IPV6 and RDOC checked, even though I
> have ports.conf
> entries to turn them off.
>
> Is this my goof, or is something wrong with
> portconf?

don't know much about portconf, I configure my ports
directly with make.conf and a seperate file ports.conf
that gets included in the build when in the ports tree
I am. But whith what you describe the batch option
needs to be set because the build dialog uses it's own
defaults separate from command line flags, and if your
setting command line flags there is no need to use the
dialog box.

-brian