sendmail + spamassassin

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.nl
Mon Oct 9 03:39:37 PDT 2006

On 08 Oct jdow wrote:
> From: "dick hoogendijk" <dick at nagual.nl>
>
> >What is the best way to integrate spamassasin with sendmail?
> >MIMEDefang?
>
> Best is horridly subjective. I use procmail here with considerable
> success. However, what works for me is not necessarily ideal for you.
> Maybe a better description of the intended use would help.

You're right. 'Best' is subjective.
I want a quick and well documented way of installing 'some' util that
interacts with sendmail, so I can use spamd. I have things running pretty
slick with the courier package (mailfilter) on one server, but I want to
change to sendmail on another and simply *need* spamassassin to run.
I don't use procmail(!) otherwise the question was not asked.
A .procmailrc file would take care of this quite as easy as my mailfilter
file does now. But as said, I run sendmail with lmpt to cyrus.
Spam_milter is mentioned; I guess this is just for spamassassin, while
MIMEDefang can also integrate a (future) use of virus filtering.
I'll study some more..

--
dick -- http://nagual.nl/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 6.1 +++ Solaris 10 6/06 ++