cvsup and portupgrade

Erik Norgaard norgaard at locolomo.org
Sun Oct 8 05:36:57 PDT 2006

Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Sun, 8 Oct 2006, Erik Norgaard wrote:
>
>> I just csup'ed my ports tree and ran make on python without any problem.
>>
>> portupgrade is a convenient tool but sometimes it fail for whatever reason,
>> no idea in your case.
>
> I tried make as you suggest and:
>
> $ sudo make
> ===>  python-2.4.3_1 has known vulnerabilities:
> => python -- buffer overrun in repr() for unicode strings.
>     Reference:
> <http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/portaudit/fe83eb5b-55e1-11db-a5ae-00508d6a62df.html>
> => Please update your ports tree and try again.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/lang/python.
>
> But thanks for your suggestion!

Then it sound like something didn't get updated correctly when you
updated your ports tree. Try refreshing it again.

If you look in the port's Makefile there might be a variable set
"BROKEN" or something like that.

btw: if you upgrade with make as I suggested then the package database
must be rebuilt:

   # pkgdb -aF

The reason is that ports keep track of both way dependencies and the one
way is lost on the deinstall, but since the other way is still there it
can be resolved.

Cheers, Erik
--
Ph: +34.666334818                      web: http://www.locolomo.org