ACPI/Xorg bug

doug at safeport.com doug at safeport.com
Sat Oct 7 12:57:18 PDT 2006

I am running 6.1-stable and KDE 3.5.2 on an IBM ThinkPad T42p. When doing a
restore from an S3 sleep (suspend), the KDE background is not restored properly
upon a resume.  Some or all of the background is restored with black and white
stripes. I can the restore the background by forcing KDE to redraw it. All other
status is properly restored, wireless and/or ethernet connections, dhcp, ...

I figured this to be an Xorg problem assigning it to my "who cares" stack.
However, I just found that if I suspend the system from one of the text ttys, a
resume brings back a black screen. I can restore the missing text by waving the
mouse over non-restored areas. Regardless if that is done or not ctrl-alt-F9
restores the X windows environment. As this is absolutely repeatable, I must be
missing a (not so)  critical change to sysctl.conf, device.hints, devd.conf,
loader.conf, or ... I have an ACPI bug. I rather suspect I am missing something,
and hope that someone has seen/or corrected this.

Thanks for any help,
Doug

_____
Douglas Denault