Good References and or Books for learning ADA

backyard backyard1454-bsd at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 4 18:39:08 PDT 2006

Hello All,

I'm looking to teach myself ADA using the Gnu Compiler
Collection and GNATS as my compiler under an i386
FreeBSD 6.X system. I'm just curious if any ADA
programmers out there can point me to some decent
books/online resources for learning the basics and
more advanced aspects of ADA. They would be most
useful if they referenced ADA95 as that appears to be
the standard gnats supports.

 I would also be interested in resources that describe
integrating (I guess linking is more appropriate of a
term) C/C++ libraries with ADA. This would mostly be
for basic use with X Windows and Motif, GTK, or
whatever makes the windows looks nice when I get that
far, and OpenGL rendering, and likely ATLAS for
crunching numbers. Unless there exists some ADA
libraries for any of the above.

I went to Borders today and couldn't find anything and
a search online would comes up with millions of books
that may or may not be useful.

I guess I shouldn't be too supprised I couldn't even
seem to find a book on Bind at Borders...

thanks,

-brian