vr0: watchdog timeout FreeBSD 6.1-p10 Crashing my backups

perikillo perikillo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 23:56:06 PDT 2006

On 10/3/06, Christopher Swingler <cswingler at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Oct 3, 2006, at 7:55 PM, perikillo wrote:
>
> > On 10/3/06, perikillo <perikillo at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >>   Hi people i have read a some mails about this problem, <snip>
> >>
> >> Greetings.
> >>

> > Wow....
> >
> >   <snip again>
> > To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-
> > unsubscribe at freebsd.org"
>
> The only time I have ever had watchdog timeouts is when I've had a
> bad cable or a bad port.  If it's doing it on two entirely different
> NICs, then it is most CERTAINLY a bad cable or a bad port on the
> switch end.  You seem to have addressed the most expensive issue
> first (bad card), which is kind of backwards, but whatever.  You've
> switched ports, that's good too, now switch cables.

Hi people, thanks for your answer, right now i googling around and see how
to handle this problem i have.

  Im home right now, here i have one NIC Intel (fxp driver) with 2 ports on
it, this is my firewall machine but tomorrow i will take to my work, i dont
have access top my server right now , but i will give you the info you
request ASAP.

   I have another Linksys NIC, some posts say that those 2 NIC's on freebsd
are really good.

  Another thing that i will do, i dont know if it works, disable the drivers
form the kernel and just use the modules and see what hapend :-?

  But i need to see first how my backups finish, and will let you you now
guys. Thanks for your time.