installing ports

Bill Moran wmoran at collaborativefusion.com
Tue Oct 3 06:01:48 PDT 2006

> I have a bandwidth manager running on FreeBSD 4.9 LOCAL. I want to
> install net-snmp so that traffic generated on the bwmger can be pointed
> to cacti (like mrtg). My problem is that I have gone through enough
> manuals to get assistance on which commands I should run to install the
> ports hierarchy. I have even tried using the cvsup utility but I get an
> error: "Parsing supfile "ports-supfile"
> Release not specified for collection "host=cvsup.FreeBSD.org". It
> doesn't matter which host I use, the response is still the same.
>
> Is there something I'm doing wrong or missing out. Will really
> appreciate prompt response.

Please wrap your lines around 72 chars.

I checked my crystal ball but didn't see your supfile or a cut/paste of
the error message in it.  Since you didn't provide those either, I can
only make the wildest of guesses: Looks like you didn't specify a line
like:
*default release=cvs tag=.

--
Bill Moran