installing ports

Mbuthia Wangui pwangui at africaonline.co.ke
Tue Oct 3 05:52:30 PDT 2006

I have a bandwidth manager running on FreeBSD 4.9 LOCAL. I want to install net-snmp so that traffic generated on the bwmger can be pointed to cacti (like mrtg). My problem is that I have gone through enough manuals to get assistance on which commands I should run to install the ports hierarchy. I have even tried using the cvsup utility but I get an error: "Parsing supfile "ports-supfile"
Release not specified for collection "host=cvsup.FreeBSD.org". It doesn't matter which host I use, the response is still the same.

Is there something I'm doing wrong or missing out. Will really appreciate prompt response.

P.S. Can someone please recommend a FreeBSD book for dummies.

Thanks

Phyllis Mbuthia
Assistant Network Engineer
Africa Online, Kenya
Tel: +254 (20) 243 775
Fax: +254 (20) 27 100 10
Email: pwangui at africaonline.co.ke
AIM: Zytuni

Africa Online Disclaimer and Confidentiality Note

This e-mail, its attachments and any rights attaching hereto are, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise, the property of Africa Online Holdings (Kenya) Limited and / or its subsidiaries ("the Group"). It is confidential and intended for the addressee only. Should you not be the addressee and have received this e-mail by mistake, kindly notify the sender, delete this e-mail immediately and do not disclose or use the same in any manner whatsoever. Views and opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender unless clearly stated as those of the Group. The Group accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss or damages, however incurred, resulting from the use of this e-mail or its attachments. The Group does not warrant the integrity of this e-mail, nor that it is free of errors, viruses, interception or interference. For more information about Africa Online, please visit our website at http://www.africaonline.com