running windows applications and making use of existing ms windows installation

Tore Lund toreld at netscape.net
Tue Nov 28 05:08:11 PST 2006

mato wrote:

> Do you think I could supply raw disk device directly to Qemu ??

As I understand it, you HAVE TO use a raw disk for qemu at present,
though I cannot recall the reason for it right now.  But this will not
help you "make use of existing Windows (XP) installation".  I believe
the OS itself, at the very least, must be installed by qemu - correct me
if I am wrong.

In any case, the following instructions work for me:

http://www.freebsdforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44204
--
    Tore