freebsd desktop

Donald J. O'Neill duncan.fbsd at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 15:52:53 PST 2006

On Sunday 26 November 2006 13:15, probsd org wrote:
> Regarding my earlier email "Do not install FreeBSD as a desktop"
>
>   I don't care how long I have been using FreeBSD, or yadda yadda or yadda
>
>   when I cvsup ports, update the databse, and install www/firefox and go to
> a website I expect firefox's javascript or whatever to work.
>
>   Perhaps you enjoy perusing the internet looking for different switches
> and knobs to make it work, I don't.

Maybe it would be good if you install java. It just might work then. If you
don't, you can't expect it too work.

Since you don't care, yadda, yadda, yadda, etc, I'll tell you anyway: if you
don't install something that's needed to make something else work and you
don't get the results you want, it won't work. No ifs, ands, or buts about
it, it just won't work. And that's a fact, Jack.

Don