How 2 Configure Makefile before "make install clean" from the ports?

VeeJay maanjee at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 02:54:11 PST 2006

On 11/24/06, Gerard Seibert <gerard at seibercom.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Nov 2006, K�vesd�n G�bor wrote:
>
> > VeeJay escribi�:
> >> Hi
> >>

> >> I want to install apache20 from the ports. But before installing, I
> want to
> >> enable/disable some of the modules as follow
> >>

> >> ./configure \
> >>
> >> --prefix=/usr/local/apache2 \
> >>
> >> --with-mpm=prefork \
> >>
> >> --disable-charset-lite \
> >>
> >> --disable-include \
> >>
> >> --disable-env \
> >>
> >> --disable-setenvif \
> >>
> >> --disable-status \
> >>
> >> --disable-autoindex \
> >>
> >> --disable-asis \
> >>
> >> --disable-cgi \
> >>
> >> --disable-negotiation \
> >>
> >> --disable-imap \
> >>
> >> --disable-actions \
> >>
> >> --disable-userdir \
> >>
> >> --disable-alias \
> >>

> >> But I have tried many different ways to configure before giving
> >> command "make install clean". But haven't had any luck.
> >>
> >> Could you please guide me that How can I configure the Makefile before
> >> installing apache?
> >>
> >> For example
> >>
> >> When I give "make config" command I get error as follow:
> >>

> >> # make config
> >> ===> No options to configure
> >>

> >> I have also tried --enable-OPTION and --disable-OPTION... in Makefile.
> >>

> >> but didn't had any luck.... :(
> >>
> >> Could you attache a Makefile showing places where to put these switches
> and
> >> how?  I will be really very gratefull....
> >>
> > When you try to install it, it prints a bunch of knobs, you can use, e.g
> .
> > WITH_SSL_MODULES, etc. You can set such in this way:
> > make WITH_SSL_MODULES=yes install clean
>
> I think the easiest method is to determine exactly what knobs you want to
> employ, then place them in the /etc/make.conf file.
>
> /etc/make.conf
> # Apache 2.2.2. section
> .if $(.CURDIR:M*/www/apache22)
> WITH_DBM=bdb
> WITH_BERKELEYDB=db42
> .endif
>
> Obviously, you enter the knobs you want to use. An advantage to this
> method is that should you update Apache at some point, these knobs will be
> used by the newer version.
>
> --
> Gerard
> gerard at seibercom.net
>
> Mike:   "The Fourth Dimension is a shambles?"
> Bernie: "Nobody ever empties the ashtrays.  People are SO
>        inconsiderate."
>
>        Gary Trudeau, "Doonesbury"

How about to write like this?

make WITHOUT_MODULES="charset-lite include env setenvif status autoindex
asis cgi negotiation imap actions userdir alias so"
WITH_MODULES="mpm=prefork access auth log_config mime dir"
And after compiling with above command, I am getting this error when running
apache

# /usr/local/sbin/apachectl start
Syntax error on line 41 of /usr/local/etc/apache2/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'Order', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
included in the server configuration
Even though I have added access, auth modules already.... in the make
command...

Please help!!!

--
Thanks!