Mount and repair HD?

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Wed Nov 22 18:27:01 PST 2006

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 14:22:24 -0800 (PST)
David Horis <dvdhoris at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> A Snap Server 1100 just died on me... (Single drive, FreeBSD-based, I
> think...)
>
> I think it's not HD related as I can't even get into to the hardware/bios
> reset mode.
>
> Have you folks ever heard of anyone opening one of these things up and
> mounting the drive on a regular PC?
>
> Since the drive probably has some coruption, due to the MB/OS crash, how
> would I go about fixing those before I mount the drive and try to copy off
> the files?
>
> Since I am not familiar with *nix, can someone point me to a walk through on
> this?   (Is there a FreeBSD live CD I could use?)

Hi there,
I'm not sure about the 1100, but the 4500 run Linux inside ( 4 drives though).
definitely nothing fancy inside ( i actually reused one of them for a mail
server using gentoo, as fbsd would not like the IDE controllers )..

I would just give the HD a try in some other box...

if you want  a fbsd live cd, try freesbie.org

good luck
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Always do right.  This will gratify some and astonish the rest."
  Mark Twain

Warned.