Problems opening, viewing, and manipulating PRs

Nick Barkas snb at threerings.net
Wed Nov 22 17:29:22 PST 2006

Hello
Since around last Friday the 17th, I have been having some difficulty
working with FreeBSD problem reports. I'm not sure if this has
something to do with the FreeBSD.org systems being moved that day or
if it's just a coincidence.

Anyway, I have opened two PRs, ports/105652 three days ago and just
today ports/105760, that I received no email confirmation upon
opening, as I have with PRs in the past. I filed them using send-pr,
and the system they were sent from says in its mail logs that the
messages were delivered to mx1.freebsd.org successfully. I only found
the PR numbers by seeing the reports in the archives for the freebsd-
ports-bugs list. I cannot find them using http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/
query-pr.cgi or http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr-summary.cgi.

Additionally, I've sent I think four emails now to bug-
followup at freebsd.org trying to update the audit trail with a patch on
another PR I opened, ports/105563. I've tried from a couple of
different systems, and my mail logs again indicate that the messages
were delivered successfully to mx1.freebsd.org. Earlier on the 17th,
before I started having any problems, I was able to add a patch on
yet another PR I have, ports/105560, so this problem is also a new one.

Has anyone else had similar problems like this? Are there any better,
more effective ways for non-committers to open, view, or manipulate
PRs than by using send-pr, the web interface on the FreeBSD site, or
emails to bug-followup at freebsd.org, respectively? Is there somewhere
better to ask these questions than this list?

Thanks very much!
Nick