Dell 1950, PERC 5/i mfi support on FreeBSD 4.11

mitch at netline.com mitch at netline.com
Tue Nov 21 18:46:38 PST 2006

Greetings!

I need to bring up FreeBSD 4.11 (or any 4.x really) on a Dell Poweredge 1950.
They are using the LSI PERC 5/i which apparently requires the availability
of the mfi driver.

The 4-STABLE release notes indicate that this driver is supported;
however, I am stuck since apparently the install CDs available do
not have this driver configured.  Even the FreeBSD 5.x CDs I have
don't support it during install.

Has anybody else faced and solved this problem?  If so, any help
you can provide would be appreciated.

--
do svidaniya,

  ~mitch