error in portupgrading audio/amarok

Beni beni at brinckman.info
Tue Nov 21 12:23:27 PST 2006

On Monday 20 November 2006 04:00, you wrote:
> On Sunday 19 November 2006 04:28, you wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > When trying to portupgrade amarok, I'm getting the following error. I
> > did already a "make config" and unchecked the iPod option cause I
> > don't need the iPod support. But the upgrade still fails.
> > Any hints on how to get audio/amarok upgraded please?
>
> This is a strange one. I had no problem building amarok, so, I wonder if
> you have dependancies that are out of date. You may have to
> portupgrade -Rf amarok
>
> It this works, then, your system is really out of whack and you have
> other programs with dependancies that need to be built. I would figure
> this was from not upgrading the gnome stuff properly.
> See /usr/ports/UPDATING.
>
> Kent

Well, Andy Harisson told me to :

This has to do with the Gnome upgrade.  Go here and read the part
about using the find command and grepping for old libtool archives on
your system.
http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/faq2.html#q2

But the strange part is that i'm using kde and not at all gnome... But i
suppose that due to the installation of certain programs (like amarok ?),
certain deps from gnome do get installed also.

I followed the steps from the gnome faq and relaunched a portupgrade -rR of
amarok. It completed without any problem now.

To keep my ports updated, i do a "portsnap fetch update" and then
a "portmaster -a -i -v" to get all updated what needs to be updated.

Thanks for the help !

Beni.