FTP proxy server

Malcolm Kay malcolm.kay at internode.on.net
Mon Nov 20 08:34:22 PST 2006

My company uses Squid as an HTTP proxy server under FreeBSD,
serving Windows, FreeBSD, and Linux clients -- Squid is quite
high profile and therefore seemed to be a reasonable choice.

For FTP proxy server there are a number available in the ports
but I don't see anything that stands out. I tend to favour
ftpproxy for the straightforward name or frox for the weird name
and claimed similarity (and perhaps cooperation) with Squid.

The FTP clients that matter will be on FreeBSD or Linux boxes.

Does any one have some recommendations wrt either of these --
or some other FTP proxy server software.

Any thoughts please,

Malcolm